Drink Plenty of Water
If you are thirsty, you may already be dehydrated! Keep a reusable water bottle with you, and drink water before, during, and after spending time outside.
Find Shade When You Can
I have heard that depending on the weather, the shade can make around a 20-degree difference in temperature.
Remember to Take Breaks
Give yourself plenty of opportunities to drink water, hang out in the shade, or better yet, go indoors with air conditioning.
Wear Clothing That Help Cool You Down
- Clothing that slightly hangs off your body.
- Clothing that is the lightest weight.
- Clothing that is lighter in color
- Clothing that has vents
- Hat with a brim
*I still recommend you keep a light jacket in the car for when you go inside. Some office buildings, movie theaters, etc. really like to keep the AC super cold!
Eat Food That is Colder
Eat more fresh fruit, vegetables, and leafy greens to keep you cool!
Best Activities to Do During Humid Days
- Kayak in East Texas
- Check Out Local Chamber of Commerce for Ideas
- Make Homemade Ice Cream
- Don’t Forget Fido! Give Your Dog A Bath!
- Practice A Random Act of Kindness! Doing something nice for sometime else will make you take your mind off the humidity!