As Valentine’s Day approaches, many people feel pressure to spend money on a gift for those they care about. Sure, some people’s Love Language is giving gifts or receiving gifts. However, maybe instead of spending money on something else to store, maybe explore these options that cost $0.00
- Put your cellphone away.
- Go and visit them at work.
- Help with the house chores.
- Ask for their opinion.
- Write a note.
- Give a genuine compliment
- Send a picture of you two together randomly during the day.
- Remember something they said.
- Tell them “I really care about you, and I value you. I just wanted you to know that.”
Of course, showing someone you care doesn’t automatically mean it has to be romantic. Showing someone you care can work for anyone: friend, family, coworker, neighbor. Maybe this weekend, reach out to someone you haven’t spoken to in a while and be the first one to start the conversation. You never know where it will go!