1. Use Your Curtains Wisely
- Open your curtains during the day to take advantage of the free heat from the sun.
- Close your curtains at night to keep the house warm.
2. Insulate Your Hot Water Heater
3. Cook at Home
- By using your oven and stove to cook food, not only is the homecooked meal going to keep you warm, but the heat from the oven and stove will aide in warming your home.
4. Use Draft Stoppers on Your Doors
5. Cover Floors with Rugs
- Heat can escape through floorboards
6. Close Off Rooms You Don’t Use Regularly
- Closing the vents and doors in rooms you do not use all the time (guest rooms) will allow the heat to transfer to space you regularly use.
7. Add Thick Socks and Knit Hat to Your Sleepwear
- Yes, sleeping with a knit hat on may look ridiculous, but it will allow you to insulate more heat!
8. Move Bed Away from Window