We are in April, and as you know
“April showers bring May flowers"!
Sometimes the storms bring more than just flowers. Especially with this time of year in East Texas, it is important to check on your home after rain storms.Take a look at the list below for home features that you should check on after a rain storm. As always, consult with a licensed and/or professional tradesman for the condition of your home.
Home Features to Check After a Storm
Cars Parked in Driveway
- Panel and outlets- especially if there is a power outage
- Electronics that were plugged in during the storm
- Consult a licensed electrician
- New cracks (interior and exterior)
- Look for washout
- If your home is Pier and Beam foundation, go through the crawl space and see if there is any standing water.
- Consult foundation expert
- Walls, floors, and ceilings for water stains, leaks, and standing water.
- Consult contractor
- Water level
- Pool equipment
- Remove Debris from pool (for cleanliness and to prevent chlorine loss)
- Test water
- Clean pool
- Consult a pool expert
- Consult roof expert for wind damage, hail damage, and damage as a result of debris.
- Broken panes
- Damaged frame
- Consult a window expert
- Standing water in yard
- Could be a drainage issue, and may need to consult landscaping expert.