Today is the day! As your REALTOR®, I just put the lockbox on your door, the sign in the yard, and the phone starts to ring, ring, RING! Buyers LOVE your home. They are scrambling trying to get a hold of their REALTOR®, to schedule a showing. After a full day of showings, I call you and tell you that we have 14 offers. We decide to meet up later in the evening so I can present all offers to you.
Mutiple offers mean that multiple buyers WANT YOUR HOME! Be thankful and grateful for this blessing!
- Sign listing documents in advance. Provide survey, utility tracker, improvement list in advance. Evaluate your home property condition prior to listing your home. Can have a seller home inspection.
- Look at the data. What have homes sold for in the past year? If you go up higher on sales price, would you be at risk of the home not appraising? Do you need an appraisal done of your home?
- Communicate with your REALTOR® (Kelly Raulston).
- Understand that you as the seller can accept any offer! Over asking price, full price, or under asking price. The seller can accept any of those offers.
- Understand that you as the seller can reject all offers.
- Accept the offer that is THE BEST for Y-O-U!
- Ask questions. If you need more clarification, ask!
- Know your moving plan. Moving into a new home prior to closing? Staying in a hotel? Staying with friends and family?
- Have your home on the market if you need to sell your home in order to purchase.
- Negotiate with emotions. Yes, this is your home, but remember, it is business.
- Assume. Don’t accept an offer without seeing a pre-qualification letter or proof of funds letter.
- Allow your REALTOR® (Kelly Raulston) to communicate with the lender or bank prior to accepting the offer.
- Be overconfident or over defeated.
- Initial and/or sign without reading EVERYTHING. Offer, disclosures, addendums… please read.
- Feel pressured to make a decision you are not comfortable making.